Are you preparing to buy a home in the near future?Here are a few simple steps to help you through this oftentimes overwhelming process.CHECK YOUR CREDIT SCORE You can use a site like creditkarma
5 Sure fire tips FOR A QUICK, EASY HOME SALE!
Selling your home can be surprisingly time consuming and emotionally challenging. Strangers come in, poke around, critique your home, and then offer less than you think it is worth - if anything at all.
Below are fire tips for getting the highest possible price for your home within a reasonable timeframe...without losing your mind.
1. Kick emotions to the curb. When selling your home. it's best to see yourself as a businessperson rather than as a homeowner. Looking at the transition from a purely financial perspective helps detach from the emotional aspects of selling your home.
2. Hire an expert agent. An expert agent will help set a fair price for your home and also play middleman, negotiator and problem solver. In addition, he/she will handle the enormous amounts of paperwork and pitfalls involved in real estate transactions - ensuring a smooth, stress-free experience for you.
3. Price it right - but don't expect to get that price. Smart buyers will negotiate and, if you want to complete the sale, you'll have to play the game. It's a good idea to list you home at a price that attracts buyers, while still leaving room for negotiation.
4. Primp and stage. If you don't clean and stage your home, you're leaving money on the table. Have a friend or agent with a fresh pair of eyes point out areas that need work in case you're too familiar to "see: the trouble spots. Decluttering, adding a fresh coat of paint, eliminating odors and pumping up the curb appeal also help make a good impression.
5. Make photos a priority. More than 85% of buyers start their home search online these days. Having crisp, clear photos - preferably taken by a professional - that showcase the entire house both inside and out will set your listing above the rest and help generate interest.
Taking note of these five sure-fire tips will go a long way toward helping you achieve the seamless, lucrative transaction every home seller hopes to have.
Tammy Broxson is the Broker Owner of Broxson Real Estate Group, a boutique real estate brokerage in Florida. Tammy is also a State of Florida Real Estate Instructor and a mentor to other real estate p....
Latest Blog Posts
Just like our economy, the real estate market is always changing. With those changes, you'll often hear "truths" circulating that are, well, less than true.In this report, I share fact vs fictions